HabitNu is a personalized diabetes prevention and management program based on proven research
HabitNu app brings 16 weeks of structured diabetes prevention or management program to smartphones and tablets.
Educational content is delivered to smart phones for 16 weeks. HabitNu's visual and dynamic interface makes carbohydrate counting simple.
HabitNu provides a platform to build a support network of friends, family and healthcare professionals for better connected care.
- Your pancreas produces a hormone called insulin. Insulin works to store excess sugar in the liver and muscles.
- When you have type 2 diabetes, insulin cannot properly store sugar because your muscles and liver become insensitive to insulin. As a result, you have too much sugar in your bloodstream.
- Having too much sugar in the blood is dangerous, leading to problems with kidneys, eyes, extremities and other organs.
- In most cases, type 2 diabetes is linked to carrying too much weight, especially in the abdomen. Losing weight, and keeping it off, is the way to manage diabetes. Losing a modest 5% of the body weight can produce dramatic improvements in your health.
- Medication can help, but so can improving your diet and exercise habits.
- Maintaining a healthy weight means making good choices about what you eat as well as how much you eat.